FOR SALE

FOR SALE
NOSTALGIA-ON-WHEELS ON EBAY

.

.
Nostalgia on Wheels Shoppe (on Etsy) - Check it out!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Search for Billy Ray Photos in Print - LIFE Magazine 01/28/66


My search for the Billy Ray Hells Angels and Ironhorsemen photos taken in 01/65 pretty much led me to the conclusion that they were never published in LIFE magazines and just remain part of the archives. However, my search did lead me to two issues, which I purchased, one from '65 and the other from '66. The '66 issue arrived today and above is a funeral procession picture for "Mother" Miles. I have no idea if the photo is credited to Bill Ray or not but its cool nonetheless.


The only other interesting photo in the entire magazine, in my opinion, was this shot of three naval ice breaking ships pushing a huge iceberg out of an channel way in Antartican. I know it doesn't involve two wheels or really relate to this blog but its a rad picture nonetheless!

1 comment:

Show and Go Cycle Shop said...

I'm pretty sure that's the funeral photo/story that gave Roger Corman the idea for "The Wild Angels"

Blog Archive

Nostalgia's Weekly Favorites

Nostalgia's Audience as of September 7, 2009 @ 11:00AM PST

free counters